Monday, September 21, 2026
Former NYPD,FDNY & EMT Furhan Ahmed responds to 2 Girl Tragedy
This is another preventable tragedy with two wrongs. Two teenage girls having a fun evening unfortunately while taking such a huge risk by riding two to one bike! These bikes should have drivers license scan requirements before it allows a rider to unlock them for use. The drivers license pre ride requirement is used on lime scooters in other cities and works well this would be a start! Also heavy enforcement for two people on one bike will also help which I’m sure the city will love because it will generate revenue from summons enforcement. In my experience as a first responder I have responded to too many accidents that caused either serious injury or death at the hands of private contract commercial trucks. Their key requirements for employment of their drivers seems to be “must not give a shit about the laws or humans”. If I see a commercial truck in Manhattan in the evening/am hours I steer clear of them in every and any way. They will run you over they don’t care about you. They must be heavily enforced as much as the TLC enforces taxi drivers. Also NYC must have a Truck safety package installed on all city vehicles and trucks coming from out of state to operate here. This city is too dense to allow that kind of reckless operation. The same goes for citibike/Ebike riders continue to ride e-bikes recklessly without any kind of accountability these accidents will continue. I don’t want to blame the truck driver for anything I did not first hand witness or am involved in the investigation. I am simply sharing my opinion of commercial trucks accidents I witnessed in my experience as a first responder caused by those vehicles
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment